7.22.2013

Catch Up...

  

Hello all! I hope everyone has had a great Monday so far! It has been so hot here lately! Last week there were a couple of days where it was around 106 degrees- not my favorite! I've been trying to stay cool by wearing sundresses and drinking lots of Fiji water but sometimes the heat just gets to you. It's days like these that I wish I had a pool.  

In other news, my dad, sister, and I took a trip to Ikea yesterday. I ended up buying a unit to store my vinyl and use for my record player. I hadn't planned on spending any money but it's something that I needed and I fell in love with what I got when I saw it. I'm hoping to post pictures of it soon! 

Finally, I love the picture of the flower above. The they are from my grandmother's garden. We went out to visit my grandparents last weekend and my grandmother took me on a long walk around her garden. Her flowers are gorgeous and I think it's so cute that she loves to spend so much time gardening. I have decided that if I ever get married one day my grandmother with be in charge of the bouquets. 

Peace and Love, 
Em

10 comments:

  1. Ooo. Can't wait to see a pic of the vinyl storage unit! I love grannies! My granny likes to garden too. Well, so does my husband. Just tonight he spent over an hour taking care of our yard! I'll have to get him to grow me some fruits n' veggies once we invest in our own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be so lovely to have a nice full garden for your home! My grandmother grows a lot of her own fruits and veggies and they taste so much better than what we buy at the store.

      Delete
  2. Hi Em! Love your post today; I AM a loyal fan! Can't wait for you to post pictures of your room and how can you NOT spend money @ Ikea, it's impossible! I love to garden as well - it' in my blood. I learned from Granny and I figure that's who your Grams learned from. Granny had such a green thumb that she grew these beautiful rose bushes from one cut stem that someone threw out. She saw it while riding with Uncle Fred and she made him stop so that she could retrieve it. Those bushes grew along the side of her house. I thought I would share that with you since it's such a great story!
    ~ D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along, D! That is such a cool story about Granny- I LOVE it! I can't wait to have my own garden someday. Hopefully I've inherited the green thumb too!

      Delete
  3. I couldn't imagine that kind of heat, I think I would suffocate. I hope things cool down a little bit for you soon!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alli! I love everything about summer except for the heat. It's just so gross outside! I can't wait for some cooler temperatures.

      Delete
  4. I am long overdue for a trip to Ikea! Thanks for the reminder. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a beautiful photograph :) I do love summer, everyone's so happy and positive, the clothes are prettier and the landscape is blooming marvellous, but sometimes it's just too hot and then I can't enjoy it either. I hate being sweaty! urgh.

    beautiful blog :)!

    fenn xx

    freckledfennell.blogspot.co,uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! I completely agree with you about summer, but yeah, I can't stand the heat...

      Delete

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3