5.10.2013

5 Records That I Can't Stop Listening To...


I am very lucky in that I have inherited most of my parent's records and that they have great taste in music. The majority of my records are theirs from the 60s and 70s. I have collected a few vintage records here and there but more than half of my albums were theirs. Because of this I have some great Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, etc. One of the best things is that my dad has all of the Beatles' albums. ALL of them!  
I stole the idea for today's post from a blog I had favorited a while back. There are a handful of records that I can't stop listening to lately and thought I would share. I love knowing what other people are listening to and finding new bands and music to like.  


// Abbey Road // The Beatles 

I typically say that my favorite Beatles' record is "The White Album" but this one has been in heavy rotation lately. My favorite songs are "Come Together", "Oh! Darling", and "The End". 


// Rumours // Fleetwood Mac 

Stevie Nicks is one of my favorite ladies on the planet and I've always had a thing for Fleetwood Mac. I think this is my favorite record of theirs. "The Chain" and "Gold Dust Woman" are my top songs. 


// Harvest // Neil Young  

By now everyone knows how much I love Neil Young. This record makes me happy but, then again, all of his stuff is great. 


// Born To Run // Bruce Springsteen 

I pretty much grew up listening to Bruce Springsteen and the Beatles. My dad has a dvd of all of Bruce's music videos and we would watch it all the time when I was a kid. This record doesn't have some of my favorite songs on it but I've really been loving "Thunder Road" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out" lately.  


// Dreamboat Annie // Heart 

This is by far my favorite Heart record. It's a little more laid back than some of their later stuff but I love listening to it during the Summer. "Magic Man" is my absolute favorite.  

These are all old albums that I have been listening to. I might do another post where I talk about the more current music that I am liking. But what about you?! What are your favorite records right now? 

Peace and Love, 
Em

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I can so relate...I too inherited my mothers record collection! And she too had great taste! (at least back then anyways)Personally, my favorite from her collection is the Disney collection, mostly because I remember singing along with supercalifragilisticexpialidocious as a little girl! Nostalgia strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that's great!! Mary Poppins is a personal favorite of mine!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you inherited your parents collection. My mum had a collection that was held in a friend's storage unit and they chucked them out when they cleaned it out! Didn't even ask her if she wanted them. She was devastated and I am too :(

    Erin // beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3