6.16.2014

10 Things Lacey LOVES...


I am beyond excited to have Lacey guest-posting on the blog today! Lacey and I started following each other's blogs months ago and have become fast friends. One of the things I love most about blogging is that fact that it gives me the opportunity to meet some really cool people. Lacey is as sweet as they come! She has a great sense of humor, creates unbelievable playlists, and is a rockstar when it comes to crafting! She is an awesome lady and while our communication currently exists in blog comments and emails I hope there is an epic meeting in our future :) 

I've asked Lacey a handful of questions so that you all can get to know how cool she is and then she put together a lovely set of her very own "10 Things I Love". So, here's Lacey to take it away: 

//

1. What's your guilty pleasure? // Space Jam soundtrack. So guilty. So pleasure.

2. What are your top 3 favorite albums of all time? // I am guilty of picking and choosing certain songs off albums and ignoring the rest, but there is definitely something wonderful and whole about listening to an album in its entirety. 

Maroon 5-Songs About Jane 
John Mayer-Room for Squares
Sylvan Esso-Sylvan Esso (maybe not technically a favorite album of all time since it's so new, but I can't stop listening to it and there is not one bad song on this album!)

3. A book that you want to read? // Tell The Wolves I'm Home. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now and while on vacation in California a few months ago, I found it at a thrift store for .50. How's that for confirmation?

4. Your favorite book that you've ever read? // I honestly don't know if i have an all-time favorite book, but I am in love with the writings of author Elizabeth Berg. Her characters are so relatable, and she captures thoughts and feelings in such beautiful ways that I never could. Her book Talk Before Sleep is a really wonderful book about friendship, love, sadness, and sickness. It will make you cry and then will make your want to call all of your close girlfriends and tell them how much you love them.

5. What's your must-have beauty product? // I have been going sans makeup a lot lately, and it's pretty freeing and wonderful! However, I absolutely love a good mascara, and I have found my mascara soulmate in Almay's One Coast Triple Effect in blackest black. It doesn't clump and gives my lashes great length. Plus, it's like $7. I don't understand people paying $30 for mascara. I mean how good can it really be? Does it turn your lashes into actual silk or something?

6. Where's a place that you want to visit and why? // Ireland! I think the countryside is so beautiful with all of its varieties of green, and it looks so peaceful. I'd love to take a trip to visit the quaint towns and also visit Dublin for the culture and pubs, of course. 

7. What's your recipe for happiness? // Making the most of where you ARE. Don't dwell on the past too much or let the future take up too much of your thoughts. Enjoy your current life stage. I used to think way too much about my future self/my future life and I missed out on enjoying how great my life was in its current state. If you're not content now, you won't be content in five years when this has happened or in 10 years when that has happened. 

8. Why did you start blogging? // I was unemployed for an entire summer and needed something creatively productive to do while I was applying and interviewing for jobs. I was so nervous to start one because commitment and consistency is scary, but I took the plunge and it wasn't so bad after all. In fact, it's been such a wonderful creative outlet for me and has allowed me to meet so many great bloggers (like Emma)!

9. What's your mantra? // Be kind to people. It's not that hard, people! We all have bad days. I get it. But you don't have to be outright nasty to every human being you come in contact with. Sheesh. Just smile. It will do wonders for your attitude and others around you. 

10. What's your comfort food? // Brownies and ice cream and tons of toppings! (This is also my last meal request if somehow I know I'm about to eat my last meal.) 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10   

1. My ultimate girl crush.  2. Sylvan Esso is my new favorite album to listen to.  3. Pretty abstract art.  4. Bulb lights indoors.  5. A punchy, colorful bracelet.  6. A good reminder to practice forgiveness and grace.  7. Loose peplum striped top.  8. Afternoon coffee.  9.  Andrew Belle lyrics.  10. Cut-out dresses. 

A huge thanks to Lacey for contributing and sharing a lovely set of "10 Things"! Everyone go check out her blog and follow her- she is a pretty rad girl!  

Peace and Love, 
Em

3 comments:

  1. this was a blast! somehow you made me seem much cooler than i actually am. i had a great answering your questions and collecting my 10 things. i have had so much fun getting to know you through our bloggy correspondence. nashville, here i come for an epic road trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little guest post! She is perfect! I literally JUST listening to the Space Jam soundtrack! And I love this idea of "making the most of where you are". Couldn't say it better myself!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Lacey!! I was so excited to see that she was guest posting here :)
    Love her answers and that cut-out dress in the 10 things... now I just need my paycheck so I can go shopping, haha.

    ReplyDelete

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3