3.04.2014

The Sunshine Award...


I am beyond thrilled to say that The Hippie Memoirs was nominated for a Sunshine Award. It still blows my mind that people actually read my blog, so the fact that it got nominated for something like this is huge! I was nominated by the lovely ladies over at The Attic. They are truly darling and you should all go check out their blog!  

Here's how the whole Sunshine Award thing goes: 

1. Display the award on your blog. 
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blog who nominated you. 
3. Post 10 interesting things about yourself. 
4. Nominate some other deserving bloggers. 
5. Link your nominees in a post and let them know with a comment.



Hmm, ok 10 interesting things about myself- this might be tough... 

1. My favorite color is plum. I just love it! I even painted my room a deep purple once but that was a bit too much for me so I had to paint over it. One of my favorite things right now is my plum polka dot mug from Anthrolpologie. It will look so darling on a self in my future apartment.

2. Speaking of future apartments, I have been collecting things for my future place for years. I am just so into interior design and decorating- it's one of my passions! I spend hours on pinterest collecting ideas for a future home to call my own. I've been buying home decor stuff for years and keeping it in my hope chest. I have plates from Anthropologie, an aztec rug, and a dinning room table that I can't wait to use!

3. I work as a medical receptionist. I know that I've mentioned work before but I don't think I've every actually told you guys what I do. Yep, I work at a doctor's office and have since I was 14- geez, that's a long time.

4. I have dual-citizenship. Yep, I have citizenship to the U.S. and to Canada. It's pretty rad.

5. I have a thing for artsy types. Yes, I am as single as you can get but that doesn't stop me from having a type. Guys who write, play an instrument, and love photography are all good in my book. Oh, and facial hair is always a good thing. lol!

6. I went to French school for 3 years. Unfortunately it wasn't in France, but from Kindergarten through 2nd grade I was in a French immersion program where we were only allowed to speak French all day everyday. I even still remember some of it!

7. I was named after Emma Thompson and the character "Emma Peel" from the 60's tv show The Avengers. Enough said.

8. My favorite Beatle is Paul. Was, is, and always will be.

9. I love to write. Short stories, poetry, songs, blogging- as long as I'm writing I'm happy. My dream job would be something where I could put my writing to use.

10. I love my down time. Of course I love spending time out with friends and family but I equally love my time to myself. Time spent cuddled up with a book, watching a great movie or tv show, or catching up on some of my favorite blogs is very important to me. Without this time I become quite the mess.

Sorry if those were completely boring- I started drawing a blank. Now to nominate some of my blogger friends.

Isn't that Sew: Ruth was one of the first friends that I made here in the blog world. She has is a pretty rad chick who designs gorgeous jewelry and runs a lovely blog. If you don't follow her already you have to check her out!

Our Misfit Isle: Alli has also become a dear blogging friend of mine. She lives in Canada with her husband and a handful of cute critters. Her blog is filled with fun DIYs and crafts and she is just all around a lovely gal.

One Great Adventure: Meg is one of my favorite bloggers. She lives in Nashville, loves the Lord, and is  an AMAZING writer. She goes on lots of little adventures and her blog is so fun! You'll love this girl.  

Humming Right Along: Lacey's blog is one of my newest favorites. I feel like if Lacey and I met in real life we would be pretty great friends! Her blog is absolutely darling and full of lovely projects, recipes, and fabulous music mixes. You must follow this girl!

Writer's Block Near You: Julia is a beautiful soul and I love reading her blog. Her photography is stunning and her posts always leave me feeling so inspired!


And I think that's it! Thanks again to the girls over at The Attic for the nomination!

Peace and Love,
Em 

7 comments:

  1. I just learned so many things about you! I too, had a hope chest. And, I admit, my husband and I still use a lot of those things that I collected many years ago! I also didn't know you had dual citizenship? Crazy!?! But, I did know you liked artsy types....and facial hair! But, I didn't know you have worked as a medical receptionist for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i had no idea you have dual citizenship. that's pretty sweet!! (i've always wanted to visit canada)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! i am so flattered to be nominated! and even before you said it yourself, i have been thinking we'd be great friends in real life. :-) i work in patients relations in the medical field, too! (twinsies) and artsy types? yes and please. i love reading your blog! so much fun to see what you're up to. (and the most scattered and disjointed blog comment ever award also goes to me! words are hard.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award and plum is such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congrats on the award! And how cool that you went to French school. I wish I could speak another language!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you for the nomination! You are so sweet! I'm honored. :)

    Plum is a fabulous color. That's just all there is to it!

    I love my down time too. I NEED it to survive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma - Needless to say, I am very proud of you - always have been, always will be, too. Congratulations on your nomination...it's very exciting!
    And my downtime is very important to me as well. It's a necessary for us creative people like you & I.
    Keep writing, planning and dreaming but most of all have faith in God and in yourself...and you'll go far! You are MY muse! I love you, Em. ~Aunt D

    ReplyDelete

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3