5.15.2010

I Can't Understand...

My friends never cease to amaze me. Sometimes that's a bad thing, but tonight it's a good thing. A bunch of my friends keep these little journals that they carry around with them all the time. It has become the latest trend. I think it's cool that they journal, but I am pretty content with my blog baby that I haven't really joined this movement. lol
Anyway, tonight at our Grand Tour dinner I looked through Alyssa's. The whole thing was full of color and the best little doodles and drawings. To me it was like a big book of happiness. But it wasn't all just sweet nothings and songs lyrics, Alyssa writes to and about God a LOT. Flipping through those pages really inspired me. Alyssa hasn't had the easiest couple of years. She's had a lot to go through with her family and herself and she has come out of it an incredibly strong young woman. I am so proud of her. She had to witness and go through something really hard today. She always is able to keep a strong face but today she told me that she broke down.
Through all of her trials this past couple of years she has inspired me more and more. I myself am not a very strong person, but Alyssa has been so mature and strong that she constantly gives me the motivation to be brave.
I am so proud of you Lyss. I know that I will never be able to understand everything that you have been through. God has done amazing work in you and I am so glad that I have been able to witness your growth in your relationship with God. Thank you for being my friend and thank you for being an inspiration to me. Hang in there. Remember that God is always holding your hand.

Peace and Love,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3