12.03.2010

My Favorite Christmas Records...

Every year I make a new Christmas playlist. Over the years I have fallen in love with some Christmas records. All of them are different and beautiful. I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.

1. Snowed In- Hanson

Besides being my favorite band ever, Hanson has a fantastic Christmas cd. It's upbeat and fun! I tend to wrap all my presents while listening to it. It's also good to listen to while baking. It has a blues sound to it. It's pretty fantastic.


2. Wintersong- Sarah Mclachlan

This album hit stores a couple years ago and stole my heart when I first heard it. It's typical Sarah Mclachlan: beautiful acoustics and a lovely voice. There are a lot of classic holiday songs along with some not so traditional. It's perfect to listen to while sitting around the fire.


3. Christmas with the Rat Pack
I love a good crooner and this record has them all: Sammy Davis, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra. It's a wonderful album that will definitely give you that classic Christmas feel. You will be in the holiday mood in no time.


4. Boogie Woogie Christmas- Brian Setzer

With this record you will have a rockin' time. Brian Setzer puts out some great Christmas albums. This one is fun and upbeat and will have you in a good mood in no time.


5. Gold and Green- Sugarland

This record is perfect for those of you who don't mind a little country in your life. I personally love Jennifer Nettles voice and this album shows it off in a big way. I love all the acoustic songs on this album. It's filled with traditional songs and has a great sound. My favorite song is "O come, O come Emmanuel."


6. The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs

This record is so mellow and cool. With various singer-songwriter sirens contributing to its awesomeness you can't go wrong. This is definitely a must have for the holiday season.


7. Oh Blue Christmas- A Fine Frenzy

A Fine Frenzy has a great voice and style to her. This record does not disappoint. It has a soulful yet innocent sound that you bring you peace on earth.


Peace and Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3