6.05.2013

5 Summer Reads...


I am so excited to do a post as part of Misfit Isle's  "Five on 5" link-up! The idea was to share 5 Summer reads and since I have so many books that I want to read this Summer I couldn't think of a more perfect topic! 

1. The Great Gatsby // F. Scott Fitzgerald- Whenever I am asked what my favorite book is "The Great Gatsby" is always my answer. Fitzgerald is possibly my favorite author of all time and this has to be one of my favorite pieces of his. I have read this book numerous times and can't wait to read it again this Summer. 

2. An Object of Beauty // Steve Martin- When I first looked at this book I had no idea that it was written by THE Steve Martin. I have only heard wonderful things about his writing and can't wait to crack this open! 

3. Eleanor & Park // Rainbow Rowell- This is just one of the books by Rainbow that I have on my Summer list. It circles around the relationship of two misfits who fall in love over music and sounds kinda perfect. 

4. Fire & Rain // David Browne- I had mentioned this book a while back. I had started reading it and loved it but ended up putting it aside because I had a library book that I needed to finish. I can't wait to get back into it! It tells stories about the Beatles, James Taylor, and Neil Young that make you feel as though you were part of the band. The writing is fantastic as well. 

5. Z // Therese Anne Fowler- You cannot love Fitzgerald and not have an interest in his wife, Zelda. This book looks fantastic! It takes you through life through Zelda's eyes as she meets F. Scott, deals with his fame, and eventually reaches her own downfall. It's a biography that reads like a piece of fiction and I can't wait to read it! 

Peace and Love, 
Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3