8.25.2012

93 Million Miles From The Sun...

 Be prepared because this post might get a little bit sappy. Last night I got to see an artist who has truly impacted my life, not only through his music, but also through his lifestyle and actions. You have heard me talk about him before and I am sure that this won't be the last time; to me, Jason Mraz is one beautiful soul. I believe that God puts certain people in our lives and I really do believe that he has placed Jason Mraz and his music in mine. Throughout the past couple of years I have faced a major battle with depression and it is one that I still fight. Some days are good and some days are awful but with Mraz's music and words I can feel myself healing. He has inspired me to live a better life, to be a better person, to not worry my life away, and to take the fullest advantage of the time that I have here on earth. Sometimes when I am having a really bad day all I have to do is put on one of his records and I feel reassured that I have a purpose here. And for that I thank him with all my heart. 

His opening act was Christina Perri, who I already adored but after last night I came to love her. Her voice is just flawless and her songwriting is brilliant.  

And then the man hit the stage and things just got magical...

Here's a video I found of him singing  You & I Both last night.  


Needless to say, last night was amazing! There was even a point where I was so moved that, yes, I was brought to tears. I hope that I will get to see Jason live again someday. Until then.... 

Peace and Love, 
Em

P.s. The pictures of Jason are not my own. My crappy camera died right when Christina finished singing. I found these lovely gems online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3