8.16.2012

All About Aperture...

I am constantly striving to get better at my photography. It is one of my biggest passions and I want to become as good at it as possible. A few days ago I stumbled upon this free photography course from Two Peas In A Bucket. I was hesitant at first because it was a free course and I didn't know how good it was going to be, but let me tell you it hits all of the core Photography elements and includes great challenges along with each lesson! The first lesson was all about aperture; learning how to focus on single elements or to focus on everything in your picture. The challenge was to use three different f/stop settings to demonstrate how the lower the f/stop the more that is in focus and the higher the f/stop the less that is in focus. Needless to say I am a fan of higher f/stop settings! Here are my three photos from the lesson 1 challenge.    

Peace and Love, 
Em

1 comment:

  1. How Awesome! The F stop totally makes a difference! I too, love playing with depth of field.

    I took a few courses in college (only because it was required for my fine arts degree) and I couldn't be happier that I did. It made the transition to DSLR sooooo much smoother.

    It gets more fun too when you through in different shutter speeds, ISO, and light sources etc,
    I caught some neat shots of the meteor shower the other night using bulb exposure!!!
    Good times! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3