I can't believe that it's time to post my Summer favorites already! Summer has flown by and I am going to miss her dearly. So without further ado, here are my favorite things from Summer 2012.
1. Moonpies. Maybe it's the new-found Southern girl in me but these little pieces of heaven have become my new favorite treat. No surprise seeing as they are made in Chattanooga.
2. Sweet tea. You had to have seen this one coming. For a while I was picking up a large sweet tea everyday of the week. This is the perfect little refresher on a warm Summer day and it has never failed to quench my thirst.
3. Pure limeade. My other favorite drink this Summer. I didn't get the chance to try a lot of lemonades this year but limeade never failed to hit the spot.
4. I was so so happy with how my hair came out this Summer. My family always says that I am the Queen of hair fails but my little bit of honey and blond was a definite win! I loved the way it turned out and I can't wait to go and get it touched up soon.
5. Too say that I have Olympic withdraw is to put it lightly. I have never been really obsessed with the Olympics but for some reason I fell in love with London and the 2012 games. I think it was just the perfect setting and the perfect group of athletes. I watched every night all night. Needless to say, now I find myself lost at night and looking for things to watch. These were the best games ever and I am so glad that they were a part of my Summer.
6. I so enjoyed blogging this Summer. I found myself trying to get more creative with posts and I made some new friends in the blog world. I also fell in love with a few new blogs as well.
7. I loved the hours I spent this Summer with my nose in a book. One of my favorite things is picking out the books that will make up my Summer reading list.
8. Morning coffee time would have to be my favorite time of day. This Summer I got to take full advantage of enjoying my large, hot cup of joe. It was so nice not to have to rush out of the house at early hours and I was able to take my time sipping away while catching up on my favorite tv shows or reading my favorite blogs.
9. Love is a Four Letter Word. Not only was the cd the soundtrack of my Summer but it also has made it into my top 5 albums of all time. Every lyric on this album moved me. I loved cranking it up in my car, rolling the windows down, and belting it out with my friend Tara. She and I spent a lot of nights driving around and listening to this album. It's just that good. If you haven't listened to it yet: shame on you!
10. I spent hours and hours on Pinterest this Summer. It's so addicting! But I also got a lot of inspiration from it as well. A nice way to unwind and collect things that make you happy.
11. I am so thankful that I got to go to one of my favorite places this Summer. Wolftrap is my favorite place to go and listen to music and see shows. It's just this magical little place in Vienna, VA that has a huge place in my heart.
12. Jason Mraz. I will just say that my Summer would not have been the same without Mr. Mraz. Such a cool and inspiring guy.
13. The two concerts I went to this past week were some of my top Summer moments. They were two of the best shows I have EVER seen and I had such a blast going to them!! It was great to spend quality time with my mom and rock out to Train and Jason Mraz. It was the best way to end my Summer.
14. My road trip to Tennessee with Sarah and Maddie was another top moment of my Summer. I had such a fun time with them and my family and I fell in love with Nashville in the process. Such great memories were made on that trip. I can't wait until I am in that magical city again.
15. It's funny how much Wilfred I watched this Summer. When the show first came out I thought that I would hate it but my love for Elijah Wood took over and I decided to check it out. Before I knew it I had watched the whole first season and couldn't wait for the second. It's a weird show, but once you get into it you're hooked.
16. One of my favorite things to do this Summer was to pick out new albums or albums that I had been wanting to check out and listen to them on Rhapsody. I was able to stumble upon some great artists and fell in love with some albums. It was so much fun just to lay in my bed and take a different musical journey each night.
17. Dresses, dresses, dresses. I love wearing Summer dresses; it's one of the greatest things. I loved just slipping into a maxi or a sundress all the time. That's one downside about Fall.
18. I really started to care about my photography this Summer. I spent a lot of time researching and trying new things and I think I may have gotten a little bit better. It's something that I am so passionate about and can't wait to continue working on.
19. Everyone knows that one of my favorite things is to travel and I LOVE road trips! Sarah and I were able to take a few very cool day trips this Summer in addition to our trip to Nashville. It was so cool to see new things and explore new cities. Our world is just so cool!
20. My favorite app of the Summer would have to be instagram. I used it anywhere and everywhere despite the ridicule from my friends. Now they are hooked on it! ha
21. Every trip we would take to the beach I would buy handfuls of incense. Needless to say I have a TON of it and I really only use it in the Summer. I loved lighting it in my room when I would be reading or cleaning. It just put me in a calm place and made everything seem peaceful. My favorite scents would have to be Coconut and Ocean.
22. My face would lit up every time a new Martha Stewart would come in the mail. I loved flipping through the pages of beautiful pictures, yummy food, and inspirational crafts. And there were so many good ideas for Summer!!
23. Mason jars were really big this Summer. I started to see them everywhere beginning with our trip to TN. After that, everywhere I saw a mason jar at an affordable price I would buy it. Needless to say I am now a collector.
24. I hate trying to do things with my hair. I wish I could just wake up in the morning and have it look exactly like I want it to. I have always likes messy, wavy hair and this Summer (and with the help of Pinterest) I decided to try it out for myself. I loved this look for Summer! I'm still working on perfecting it but it's so fun and free.
25. I went to Goodwill a lot this Summer. It was just so fun hunting to little treasures!
26. I found that my family and I actually sat down and watched a number of movies together this Summer. I also went to the movies some this Summer which is rare for me. I always enjoy sitting down and watching something new and it was something fun that we could all do together.
27. I ate a lot of frozen yogurt this Summer. Most of the time when my friends and I would go out we would go for this stuff. My favorite is chocolate with raspberries, white chocolate chips, and coconut shavings.
28. My favorite beauty item of the Summer would be my Love Forever lipstick from MAC. It's bright and fun and a perfect little addition to anyone's Summer look.
29. I am a fan of naps no matter what time of year it is but there is just something about the sun beating on you and the windows open that makes for the perfect setting for a cat nap.
30. I normally don't, but this Summer I found myself buying t shirts from different places and shows I would go to. It's fun to have those little souvenirs. Now I might as well start a little collection.
There you have it. I hope everyone had a lovely Summer!
Peace and Love,