4.02.2010

Good Friday...


Tonight during our Good Friday service I broke down. The very first song that the choir sang was just so moving to me that I couldn't hold back the tears and I cried through half of the service. I have always been very emotional when it comes to Christ's death on the cross but lately my emotions have been stronger. You see, in lit. class we are reading Dante's Inferno which basically takes you on a trip through all of the layers and circles of hell. I have always felt guilt for Christ dying on the cross for all of the sins which I commit daily but tonight it really hit me. I should be in one of the circles of hell. I deserve death and punishment just like all of the occupants of hell in the Inferno. To think that people like me laughed at Christ, they mocked Him and beat Him. People willingly chose to have a murderer in their presence than to have to deal with Christ as their king. He went through ridicule and torture and all of that for a sinner like me. And what do I do for him? I fall asleep during my prayers at night. I slack on reading my Bible every day. Sometimes I would rather stay home than go to church.

But I realized that I don't have to feel guilty for these things. Christ's death was all part of His plan and it was for His glory that it happened. Once you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior He has placed grace upon you and you no longer must feel guilty about your sins because He took them upon Himself on that cross.

So yes, I will still get emotional about Christ's death but I know that I don't have to feel guilty about it. Everything is part of God's plan and in the end it is all for His glory. There are not words that can express how thankful I am for my Lord and Savior. I hate it when people deny Him or make fun of Christians because He suffered the most painful death there is for them as well and yet they are not grateful and they refuse His gift.

I hope that everyone has a great Good Friday and I pray that you might carry the wonder of the cross with you everyday and not merely on this holiday weekend. I love Christ with all my heart and although I can never do anything near what he did for me I can at least defend Him and read my Bible everyday.

Love,
Em

HE IS RISEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// Thanks for the love // I reply to all comments so make sure to subscribe by email <3